Thursday, February 26, 2009

No Electricity? (part 2)

I always had a weak stomach. When I saw the blood and found out where it came from, I felt dizzy and that instant, everything went black.

In the darkness I was certain that I had passed out again, but I was conscious strangely, it was like I was dreaming. But it wasn't a good thing. The nightmare kept coming back to me. An ear piercing high pitched scream then my mom falling to the ground with blood splashing on her. The next thing, my head light shone to a big creature but I could never find out what it was. And in it, I remember my brother crying, which I absolutely hate.

When I woke up, I was in a white room. My head hurt really bad, and I still had a little bit of dizziness in my head but everything else seemed fine. There were some strings and tubes attached on me and to the computer and some complicated looking machines. I was scared, and being terrified, I just yanked all the things out of my body with frustration. I felt a little bit better without those things being attached to me. I looked around carefully trying to amass some information.

The room was snow white, hurting my eyes. And the bed that I was laying on was very comfortable. 'Wait' I thought, 'The electricity was out! Then how can I see this room without my headlight? What is going on? I looked up, but there were no lights on the ceiling. I inferred that since there are no lights but the room was white, that the room itself was shining. That this room is the light!

I stumbled out of my bed to actually explore around even though there was nothing to look about. My headache was gone by now. There were a set of slippers beside the bed. It was very nice. But my anxiety started to grow. I wondered where my brother was. Oh, and rest of the family. When I thought of my mom, I remembered the nightmare. For the first time of my life, I was a little bit worried about my mom. I was also clueless about how I came here from my house, and who did this.

I wanted to get out of this room, but there were no exits. No doors, no windows, nothing. I went around the corners knocking on the wall for any clues. When I was on the third corner a little bit to the right, I heard the knocking sound echoing back at me! I felt so accomplished. I yelled, “Hey! Hi! Nice to meet you! Can you hear me?” Right after I said that, a voice answered, “Yes, I can. I'm sorry that you are here.” It was a raspy old man's voice. He coughed and then he said, “Die.”

Alice Choi

No comments:

Post a Comment