Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Kidnapped

“Hello? Hello? Please answer!” I panicked. The person on the other line of the phone wasn't responding. I needed them to respond!
“Hello this is 911 what is your emergency?” Finally, someone voice answered.
“Hi! Um... I was just walking along and... I saw him! He took her! He just put her in the car and drove away! Oh my gosh! Please help...” I was so frazzled. I searched for words but I couldn't seem to find the right ones.
“Sweetie, slow down. Can you calmly explain what happened? Where are you?”
“Sorry....” I took a deep breath before I continued. “I am pretty sure I just witnessed a kidnapping. There was a little girl. Maybe 5 or 6, she was just playing and then a man in a little white car came. He just pulled over, got out of the car and took her!”
“Hun, are you sure the little girl didn't know the man?”
“Yes! She was screaming! He looked like the man from the news last night. The guy with the scruffy beard and no hair. It was him, I am sure! Please! You have to believe me! I know what I saw. We have to save that little girl!”
“Ok, . Calm down. I believe you. Did you get his license plate number?”
“Yes! It's right here.... um... it's 142 0509.”
“Alright. And where are you?”
“I am on the corner of Lawrence and 18th.”
“Is it alright if you come down to the police office so they can question you some more. We need to get to the bottom of this.”
“Yeah. Thats fine, I can be there in five minutes.”
. I hung up the phone and started to run to the police station. I was already there with in three minutes. In an instant that little blond girl became my life. I needed to help her. She looked so scared and helpless when he took her.
When I walked in to the police station there was a younger couple sitting on some chairs in the waiting room. They were crying. In the womans hand she had a picture of a little blond girl who got kidnapped. My heart broke when I saw the mother. I knew how worried she was. I felt her pain.
“I can help. I saw it all happen.” I told a passing police officer.
“Oh, so you're the girl who called earlier. Come on in here. We need to know everything you saw.” The police officer led me into the questioning room and shut the door behind us.
The officer questioned me for what seemed like hours until I was finally let back out into the room.
“You're ok to go home. If we have any more questions for you we will give you a call. Ok?”
I turned my back to leave but stopped and turned around. I saw the Mom and Dad again. Their faces were still wet with tears. I tapped the officer shoulder and he turned to look at me.
“Do you think you will find her?” I asked.
The officer sighed. “I don't know. I just don't know.”
I nodded gently and walked out the door as a single tear ran down my cheek.
-Chelise Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment