Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Romano's Macaroni Grill review

1/15/09                 
Maren Hauglid
4801 N University Ave # 50
Provo, UT 84604   
 
The Italian music sets the mood as customers enter the Macaroni Grill. The restaurant is decorated to fit the foreign theme. The tables are covered with white tablecloths and they are set nicely with small bread plates, silverware, and cloth napkins. As I sit down I notice the appearance of the other customers, they are dressed fairly casually but still look well groomed.  
A waiter came to my table soon after I was seated and I received a menu. There were a variety of dishes and the waiter is soon back to order drinks.  The waiter is friendly and helpful when I ask questions about the menu.  
For an appetizer, the waiter brings a loaf of golden-brown bread and an olive oil dip mixed with seasonings. I was grateful for the opportunity to ease my hunger until my food was ready. 
When the food arrives, I am pleased with the way the it appears. My fellow critics and I ordered a small Margarita pizza, the children’s spaghetti, and a large slice of chocolate cake. 
I was impressed with the cleanliness of the restaurant, which says a lot because I am very finicky about cleanliness. The chairs and tables were wiped clean of any trace of previous visitors, the floors could have been better but were clean enough, and most importantly, the utensils and plates were nice and clean. 
Each of the different items that we had ordered were delicious. The spaghetti was much better than regular childrens' meals and there was plenty of it. The pizza was my favorite dish, the crust was soft and baked just right. The toppings, though simple, were seasoned well to make a tasty meal. The average amount of money we spent on this meal was $26.50.
After I finished eating, I resolved that the Macaroni Grill is a restaurant to recommend to all people especially if they enjoy Italian food. It was clean, the food was enjoyable and the service was exceptional.

2 comments: