Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Funniest Man Alive

So, who might be the funniest man in school? I vote Carl! I interviewed Carl and I found out a lot of great things about him.

He loves teaching because I guess he loves dealing with students. And it is obvious that he is also popular with the students because when I was interviewing him, I got lots of interruptions from people wanting to talk to Carl, in grades ranging from elementary to high school. But when I actually told him that he seems very popular, he kept denying it , and said that it wasn't true. He was surprisingly humble. Or was he just trying to make a good impression? I couldn't tell.

He loves teaching at Walden. He told me that his sister, Thelma, was dating Micah and she told Carl about the school because he didn't have a job then. And he really loved Walden! Right after telling me the story he proclaimed with joy, “Diana is the best!”

He says that science is very easy. When I argued that it is absolutely not the easiest thing, he told me that if I was as smart as him, it would be pretty easy. And then he laughed at his own joke. So then I asked for some advice for people who hate science or who are bad at science, and he said there's no other way but,
“You might as well flipping burgers at McDonald's then.”

So after talking about the school and science, I was curious about his love life. I asked him bunch of private questions. But all I could get was that he wants to get married ASAP, so anyone who reads this can help him out by setting him up with a nice girl.

One of his embarrassing moments was when he first met Riley and Zoey, because he farted. It wasn't loud but he says that it was the 'quiet huge one'. It was really funny.

His hobby is fishing, hiking, and eating. He said that he spent 6 months of his life standing on a ladder waiting for fish, while talking in a digital voice recorder. It was very amazing. It was for his thesis for the research he was doing. Also he hates socks, not shoes.

Carl is very nice. I asked him who he likes, and he said,
“I like Eric, Ali Choi. I like everyone! Can the question be the other way around? I only dislike this one person, but I can't tell you who it is.”

I learned that Carl likes to kid a lot, says, he is very nice, funny and knows how to deal with students. He wanted to tell everyone to be positive. Those were his last words. I hope you got to know Carl a little bit better. He is very interesting and is fun to talk to.

Alice Choi

4 comments: